Duration of study: Classes of postgraduate study of Applied Marine Sciences last three years or 6 semesters, and by it at least 180 ECTS points are acquired.
Academic title: Upon completion of postgraduate study a title of a Doctor of Science (dr. sc.) in the field of Biology is acquired.
Competencies acquired upon completion of study:
- Experience gained through participation in research projects in scientific institutions and university departments,
- Knowledge gained from a particular branch of marine science, depending on student’s interests,
- Interdisciplinary knowledge and skills that allow critical analysis and creative solutions for the integral management of the sea and the coastline,
- Development of biotechnological processes of exploiting potentialy renewable marine resources,
- Ability to apply specific knowledge in practice,
- Ability to work in interdisciplinary teams to solve specific problems in the protection and management of the sea and the coastline.
Study program (program by years, list of classes, performance plans, etc.)
Informations for future students (enrollment criteria and procedures, etc.)
Head of study:
Dr sc. Nada Krstulović, redoviti profesor,
Institut za oceanografiju i ribarstvo, Split, Šetalište I. Meštrovića 63.
tel: 385 21 408 006
fax: 385 21 358 650